Internship Marketing: Assistant Product Manager Hedge Funds and Solutions
Reference LFGIS_INTMR_2017 - 21/09/2017
- Company : La Française Investment Solutions
- Activity : Marketing
- Job type : Internship
- Location : Paris
- Deadline to apply : 21/12/2017
- Download this job offer in PDF format
La Française is an asset management firm headquartered in Paris. Over 40 years, La Française has developed core competencies in third party asset management and today has a multi-affiliate business model organized around four core activities: securities, real estate, investment solutions and incubation. The group provides products and services to institutional and private clients world-wide (Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid and Milan and the U.S.). La Française has EUR 63 billion in assets under management as of March 2017.
Launched in 2013, La Française Global Investment Solutions (“LF GIS”) is the solutions business of La Française, offering hedge funds and tailor-made investment solutions. LF GIS’ expertise in derivatives and asset management is reflected in award-winning credit and risk premia hedge funds and our fund solutions help institutional investors to address major current challenges ranging from finding attractive returns to addressing regulatory challenges (Solvency II, Basle III etc.). LF GIS has raised EUR 9.5 billion in assets as of August 2017.
Internship lenght :
6 months : start date - early january 2018
Your environment :
La Française Global Investment Solutions offers experience in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment, while being part of a recognized international asset management firm. You will work directly with the Head of Marketing with responsibility for both core business tasks and special projects. As part of a small team, you will have high levels of responsibility, a lead role in executing on the tasks and projects assigned and significant interaction with all teams including sales, portfolio management, risk & reporting and legal & compliance. You will also have the opportunity to become proficient in LF GIS’ fund strategies including credit and risk premia as well as asset management tools including Morningstar Direct and Bloomberg.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Product management:
- Maintenance of quality, updated marketing documents including presentations, factsheets and due diligence questionnaires for LF GIS’ funds including analysis of fund performance and risk metrics;
- Assistance in developing new marketing materials.
- Strategic marketing:
- Design, development and maintenance of a quantitative competitive watch for LFGIS’ funds including analysis and ranking of our funds versus peers on return and risk characteristics; and
- Management of the funds’ presence in hedge fund and consultant databases.
- Maintenance of LF GIS social media presence including website, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Assistance in the upgrading of LF GIS’ website including through the addition of more interactive content, news and research
Student from an Engineering school, top business school or university (financial specialization), in gap year or end-of-study;
- Commitment to learning how an alternative asset manager functions, specifically from a marketing and communications standpoint;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and written skills in English and French;
- Highly motivated with the ability to manage high levels of responsibility and execute on projects with autonomy and under minimal supervision;
- Excellent organization and time management skills including the ability to execute on multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Attention to detail, rigor and a strong sense of personal responsibility essential;
- Ability to look beyond the task assigned, take ownership of projects and be a force of proposition on how to improve the marketing and communications activity;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct a plus;
- Prior asset management or investment banking experience and an understanding of derivatives a plus.